Why should you join Team ShapeUp?
- It's a fun way to stay in shape! Participating in a Marathon is a great way to increase your physical fitness. You don't need to have experience or be a runner. Last year, SOSMentor Co-Founders Bob and Carole Donahue (70 and 65 years old, respectively) walked in the Marathon -- if they can do it, you can too, with the support of Team ShapeUp. Just imagine the feeling of accomplishment you'll have after finishing!
- You will be supporting a great cause! By raising funds for SOSMentor, an official charity of the LA Marathon, you will help to support programs that provide much-needed nutrition and physical education in our schools. You'll be running for a reason: the future of our kids!
- You will be a role model for our youth! When you join Team ShapeUp, you become a shining example of active, healthy living for our youth and the community. Most of our kids aren't getting enough physical activity and we need role models like you to set a good example!
- We will support you every step of the way! Our training program will provide you with all the support you need, including weekly group training and nutrition tips. This is a team effort and we are here to inspire and encourage you every step of the way. We will be providing rewards and incentives, such as nutrition counseling, fitness gear, and special dinners for each fundraising goal you meet!
So you want to join? Great! Sign up to receive Team ShapeUp email updates, send an email to info@SOSMentor.org, or call us at (818) 222-4243 to get more information. For now, all you need to do is prepare mentally. Registration begins August 1, 2011, training starts September 17, and the LA Marathon is March 18, 2012.
1. Participate in the 5K Run/Walk
2. Sponsor a student
3. Donate to Team ShapeUp through our Crowdrise page
Visit our website and contact info@SOSMentor.org or (818) 222-4243 for more information. We look forward to running with you in the 2012 Honda LA Marathon!